Eileen is currently a tutor with MSL ETB, and runs cookery classes organised by their Adult Education Officer. Over time the scope of courses has expanded due to popular demand.
Eileen has ran cookery courses for Seed Project Sligo Leader, Rehab Care, National Learning Network, Autism Services Sligo, Rosses Sheltered Workshop NW Parents & Friends, Boccia Group FRC Tubbercurry, Brothers of Charity Boyle, Ransboro Autism Direct Provision, Ballymote FRC, Aras Attracta Swinford, IONA & STEPS in Cregg House & most recently Cookery Classes incorporating Personal Hygiene ran by Sligo LEADER Partnership Company as part of their Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme
Eileen regularly works with children in the Autism After School Club Tubbercurry FRC, and through the Healthy Eating and Nutrition Afterschool Programme run by Sligo Leader Partnership.
- 1:1 personal development through cookery program in Tubbercurry FRC
- Foroige, SVDP , Gleann ICA, Bunninadden Ladies Group, Banada Ladies group, Spanish Students, and Men’s Sheds.
Eileen takes great pride in the enjoyment the participants take from the classes. The full and ongoing participation is high, with requests for further classes often requested. All of the classes are planned with the specific groups needs in mind. The clientele varies from group to group from the absolute beginner to more experienced cooks.
Eileen has every confidence that participants benefit from & enjoy the hands-on classes, benefit from learning new skills, experience a boost in their self-confidence , while enjoying the social aspect of a sit down meal.
The chosen method of teaching is very relaxed. Usually the students work in groups of 2 or 3 as this makes the session more sociable. At the end of the session everyone sits down to a tasty meal in a social setting.
The classes are ran in a mutually agreed location. All utensils are supplied, all ingredients are purchased and invoices for same are passed on to the organiser.
- Primary Course in the Principals of Food Hygiene 2011(HSE)
- QQI/ Fetac Level 6 certification in Training Delivery & Evaluation Course run by Professional Development (formally known as Train the Trainer) in 2017
- Eileen’s kitchen is approved by the Environment Health Dept HSE and their guidelines are followed during classes.
What you will receive:
- On completion of the course clients are presented with a certificate & chef’s hat.
For beginners, the Just Look and Cook book is used, which requires no literacy skills.
Contact Eileen for more details.