Eileen have been providing free cookery classes online on https://www.facebook.com/eileenskitchentable for the general public since lockdown and have amasses 16463 followers and 10,002 people who like her page and up to 50k views of some of her videos Eileen celebrated her 100th FB live in November 2020, a fact of which she is very proud.
Eileen's current online courses include
- Special Occasions run in conjunction with MSL ETB Sligo
- The Community Food initiative funded by Safefood and organised by Ballymote Family Resource Centre
- The Feel Well Programme organised by Sligo County Council
- Eastern Harps Family Cook along
Eileen has being employed by MSL ETB as a cookery tutor for many years. She works closely with Joan Moffitt ETB Family Learning Co-ordinator . Over time the scope of their courses has expanded due to popular demand.
Eileen has ran cookery courses for Seed Project Sligo Leader, Rehab Care, National Learning Network, Autism Services Sligo, Rosses Sheltered Workshop NW Parents & Friends, Boccia Group FRC Tubbercurry, Brothers of Charity Boyle, Ransboro Autism Direct Provision, Ballymote FRC, Aras Attracta Swinford, IONA & STEPS in Cregg House & most recently Cookery Classes incorporating Personal Hygiene ran by Sligo LEADER Partnership Company as part of their Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme
Eileen regularly works with children in the Autism After School Club Tubbercurry FRC, and through the Healthy Eating and Nutrition Afterschool Programme run by Sligo Leader Partnership.
- 1:1 personal development through cookery program in Tubbercurry FRC
- Foroige, SVDP , Local ladies groups, Local ICA Groups, Spanish Students, and Men’s Sheds.
Eileen takes great pride in the enjoyment the participants take from the classes. The full and ongoing participation is high, with requests for further classes often requested. All of the classes are planned with the specific groups needs in mind. The clientele varies from group to group from the absolute beginner to more experienced cooks.
Eileen has every confidence that participants benefit from & enjoy the hands-on classes, benefit from learning new skills, experience a boost in their self-confidence , while enjoying the social aspect of a sit down meal.
During the Corona lockdown Eileen decided to make good use of her time while cocooning and started Facebook Live Cookery Classes every weekday. The response was phenomenal and very quickly Eileen had a great following. Her relaxed approach to cooking has her viewers hooked saying it is like sitting at the end of Eileen’s Kitchen table while Eileen Cooks. Due to demand Eileen has now self published Cooking while Cocooning eBook 1 & 2 and she fully intends to continue with the series to include the other recipes she has cooked in the series. Filled with hints & tips its a must have book to have on your worktop .
To see Eileen in action go to youtube/eileenskitchentable
The chosen method of teaching is very relaxed. Usually the students work in groups of 2 or 3 as this makes the session more sociable. At the end of the session everyone sits down to a tasty meal in a social setting.
The classes are ran in a mutually agreed location. All utensils are supplied, all ingredients are purchased and invoices for same are passed on to the organiser.
- Primary Course in the Principals of Food Hygiene 2011(HSE)
- QQI/ Fetac Level 6 certification in Training Delivery & Evaluation Course run by Professional Development (formally known as Train the Trainer) in 2017
- Eileen’s Kitchen is approved by the Environment Health Dept HSE and their guidelines are followed during classes.
What you will receive:
- On completion of the course clients are presented with a certificate & chef’s hat.
For beginners, the Just Look and Cook book is used, which requires no literacy skills.
Contact Eileen for more details.